A year down the line; a year since I started to 'date' on-line and I find myself still there, and approaching the end of a yet-another-subscription. Having hit the wall, I find myself flailing towards the finish line once more, co-ordination lost, and limbs flailing. I am sick of it all, sick of the people I have found and commited myself to writing to, and particularly sick of myself, omnipresent, all knowing and never satisfied with any of these potential mates, nor what they write. It has been a long time since I have been able to lose myself in a conversation, and just find myself engaging with what comes along that. I don't miss it, but I am fully aware it is not there.
So I turn to this, and to my profile as an outlet,- I need to express myself, unchallenged, and the latter provides a perfect outlet. I'm not sure if anybody reads it, as became apparent last year when I changed my heading to Birthday Girl and only one fan noticed, but I continue and a week or so later, the comments are coming in.
The site I use is Guardian Soul Mates, or SM as I refer to it, and as it seems and feels, or else Soul Destroying/ers.. though that degree of cynicism is fairly short-lived.
The set-up is as follows: you pick a user-name/alter-ego/moniker with a tag-line that will run beneath, next to your photo (if you chose to show them) and a summary of your basic details, age, location, when the profile was last updated, and when the member last logged on. Then the profie can be expanded into various summaries, and two textual passages, - why you should get to know me? And,- describe your ideal match.
Why you should get to know me? has always said:
Such a small space to describe myself, and only the (un)usual adjectives and cliches apply. On paper these may whet the appetite, but in reality opportunity, uniqueness and fortune combine.
Underneath I add; Anecdote of the day. And I write the following.
When I was about 6 or 7, not sure which, my teacher told me I was erractic. I went home and told my Mother I was erotic. Used to my imaginative flights of fancy, even then, and occasional confusion, she laughed and said,- No I'm not sure if that's what she meant.
It has been said I am a beguiling, if bamboozling mix of the two.
No comments:
Post a Comment